SBI Clerk Selection Process 2018
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2018. State Bank of India (SBI) released the most awaited notification of SBI Clerk Recruitment 2018 for the post of “Junior Associates” (clerical cadre) to fill in 9633 vacancies.
Online application for SBI Clerk exam 2018 will start from 20th January 2018 and the last date is to apply online applications for State Bank of India Recruitment is on 10th February 2018. The online Applications will be available online at https://www.sbi.co.in/careers/.
Today we are sharing the complete information related to the selection procedure of SBI Clerk which a candidate must be aware of. You will get to know the new changes/guidelines for the SBI Clerk Prelims, Mains, Local Language Test, and final allotment process.
SBI Clerk Selection Procedure
The selection process will consist of the on-line test (preliminary & main examination) and test of specified opted local language.
1. Preliminary Exam
It is the first phase of the SBI Clerk Recruitment. The SBI Clerk Prelims Exam is going to be held tentatively in the month of March & April 2018. The tentative dates are yet not disclosed by the SBI. SBI Clerk Prelims Exam is an online objective test of 100 marks and 60 Minutes duration. Total 100 questions will be asked.There are major changes in the exam pattern of SBI Clerk Prelims Exam 2018, which are listed as follows-
- The one major change is Introduction of the Sectional time limit in SBI Clerk Prelims Exam. In the exam, each section i.e. Reasoning Ability, Numerical Ability and English Language, will have a separate timing of 20 Minutes.
- Another major change is the Removal of Sectional as well as Overall Cutoff in Prelims Exam. In SBI Clerk Prelims 2018, there is no minimum qualifying marks i.e. cutoff for any section. There is no requirement of overall minimum qualifying marks also.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2018 – Prelims Exam Pattern
|Name of Tests||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
Note: Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 10 times the numbers of vacancies. subject to availability) will be shortlisted for the Main Examination from the list of all candidates arranged in descending order of aggregate marks scored. No minimum qualifying marks for an individual subject as well as for aggregate (overall) are prescribed.
How will the candidate be shortlisted for SBI Clerk Mains Examination 2018?
- The candidates will be shortlisted for Mains Examination from a list of all candidates appeared for Prelims Exam. This list will be arranged in descending order of aggregate (overall) marks scored by candidates.
- The number of candidates to be shortlisted for SBI Clerk Mains will be decided by the SBI based on the vacancies available. In each category, approximately 10 times the number of vacancies, the candidates will be selected for the next phase i.e. Mains.
- The Marks obtained in Prelims Exam will not be added anywhere for the selection procedure.
2. Mains Exam
SBI Clerk is the Most important stage of SBI Clerk Recruitment 2018. The candidates will be selected for the SBI Clerk Post on the basis of Marks scored in Mains Examination as there is no further interview procedure. The aggregate marks obtained in SBI Clerk Mains Exam will be considered for preparation of the final merit list. The provisional selection of a candidate will be done on the basis of a candidate’s performance in Mains Examination.
In Mains Examination also, there are no minimum qualifying marks (Sectional Cutoff) for each of the section.There is the requirement of the overall cutoff for SBI Clerk Mains Exam. The candidates are required to score minimum percentage marks on aggregate. For SC/ST/OBC/PWD/XS Candidates, 5% relaxation on overall aggregate marks will be given.
Following table depicts the detailed exam structure for SBI Clerk Mains Exam 2018 –
|SL.||Name of test||No. of
|1.||General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|2.||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4.||Reasoning Ability& Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
Note: Candidates are required to score a minimum percentage marks on aggregate (For SC/ST/OBC/PWD/XS candidates, 5% relaxation available thereon). Minimum percentage marks on aggregate will be decided by the bank. No minimum qualifying marks for individual subject are prescribed. Merit list will be drawn State wise, category wise. Candidates qualified in the test (main examination) will be placed according to their aggregate marks in descending order in respective States and Categories.
3. Opted Local Language Test
- The candidates who will qualify SBI Clerk Mains Examination will be eligible for the next phase of recruitment i.e Local Langauge Test.
- Those candidates who can produce 10th or 12th Certificate, evidencing that they have studied the opted local language need not appear for Language Test.
- For other successful candidates who do not have such certificate, a specified local language test will be conducted. This test will be conducted after provisional selection but before the joining process.
- This local language test will be conducted to check the proficiency of candidates in speaking, reading and writing the opted local language.
- The candidates who not found to be proficient in opted local language would be disqualified and would not be eligible for any further process.
4. Provisional Selection
Final selection of a candidate will be done after fulfilling following three parameters –
- The Marks scored in SBI Clerk Mains Examination.
- After verifying the candidate’s eligibility for the post and information filled in online application.
- After qualifying in the test of specified local language (If applicable).
Merit list will be finalized category wise and State Wise. The Candidates will be posted in the state for which they are applying.After joining the candidates will not be entitled for inter/intra-state transfer in the first 5 years of Service.
5. Waiting List
- A waiting list will also be maintained. This waitlist will be up to 50% vacancies, state, and category wise.
- To be on this waitlist, a candidate needs to secure minimum qualifying marks as specified by the SBI.
- When there are vacancies available in case of non-joining or resignation by the candidates from the current Batch only, then the candidates will be released from the waitlist on a quarterly basis.
- This waitlist will be valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of Final result of SBI Clerk 2018.
6. Probation Period
- The finally selected candidates for the post of Junior Associates/Clerk will have to serve a minimum probation period of 6 months.
- In this period, the junior associates will be required to complete 15 prescribed e-lessons for getting confirmed joining in the SBI.
- In case of failing to complete 15 prescribed e-lessons, the probation period will be extended until the completion time.
- Also, before the end of the Probation period, the performance of newly recruited Junior associates will be evaluated.
- On failing this evaluation as per the expectation of the SBI, the probation period of such candidates may be extended.
We hope that this article has cleared your doubts related to selection procedure of SBI Clerk. In case of any further doubts, write in comment section below!