Important Folk drama and dance of Madhya Pradesh
Important Folk drama and dance of Madhya Pradesh. The colorful state of Madhya Pradesh observes many Folk drama and dance throughout the year. The long-established religious festivals of the Hindus and other communities are celebrated in Madhya Pradesh very eagerly as those are observed in the rest of India.
It is the Important Folk drama and dance of Madhya Pradesh which is a celebration of the cultural lifestyles of the colorful tribes of the place. The tribal Folk drama and dance are known for its cheerful festivities, drinking bouts and striking entertainment like cockfighting, candid dancing, etc. Here we are providing you Most Important Folk drama and dance of Madhya Pradesh which is very useful for upcoming MPPCS 2018 and other MP state level exams 2018.
Important Folk drama and dance of Madhya Pradesh Video Explanation
Important Folk drama of M. P.
1. Macha: This is an important folk drama of Malwa region. It originated from Ujjain City. This play is usually organized in the open space.
2. Kathi: Kathi is a popular folk drama of Nimar region of Madhya Pradesh. Nautanki: This is a folk drama of Bundelkhand region of Madhya Pradesh. Issues related to society are staged in this. Its main theme are Bairang Raja and Maniharin
3. Karmas: This is a folk drama of Baiga tribe. This folk drama begins from Dussehra and ends at Rainy season. Mainly dance and songs are part of it.
4. Rai Swang: This is an important folk drama of Bundelkhand. Acting and dancing both are performed in this drama.
5. Pandwani: The meaning of Pandwani is supposed to be the story of Pandavas. Story, music, acting everything is performed in this.
6. Bundeli Swang: Swang is the most popular folk dance among the all folk dance practiced in Bundelkhand. It is known by different names in different areas, such as Rammat, Gammat, Khayal,etc This group dance is performed on harvest, marriage and Nativity. Its purpose is pure entertainment through humor and satire.
7. Khamba Swang: In this, dance is performed around a pole buried in ground and hence its name Khamba Swang. In this, they worship Ravan’s son Meghnath. This folk dance is prevalent among the Keraku tribe. Gammat : Gammat is the most prominent folk dance of the Nimadari zone, in which the Mridang and cymbals are the main Instruments. Gammat is a living form of humour . It is organized on Navratri.
8. Rasleela: Basically, it is folk drama of Uttar Pradesh that is performed in month of Bhado around Krishna Janmashtami in Bhind, Morena and Gwalior districts of M.P. Ramleela Ramleela is performed in M.P. rural areas on the occasion the of Dassuhera.
9. Chahur: It is Baghelkhand’s folk drama which is basically performed by Agric lt rist castes i Aheer Teli and K mhar caste’s people Agriculturist castes viz. Aheer, Teli and Kumhar caste s people.
You may also like – MPPCS 2018 Special: Important Festivals and Ceremony of Madhya Pradesh
Important Folk Dance of M. P.
1. Goncho Dance- This folk dance is Performed by Gond tribe.
2. Bar Dance- This folk dance is Performed by Kanwar tribe.
3. Lahangi Dance- This folk dance is Performed by Kaijar and Banjaras.
4. Pardhoni Dance- This dance is performed by Baiga tribe on marriage to welcome the marriage procession.
5. Kanra Dance- This folk dance is performed by Dhobi caste of Central India and Bundelkhand.
6. Bardi Dance- This folk dance related Gwal tribe. In this folk dance shephard goes and dances at the home of the person whose cow he is shepherding and gets the reward.
7. Badhai Dance- This folk dance is performed on joyful occasion in Bundelkhand region.
8. Suwa Dance- This folk dance is prevalent among Baiga tribe. This dance is performed by Baiga tribe of Baghelakhand at the time of paddy harvesting
9. Saira Dance- Saira dance is performed on the occasion on Gangaur. This is similar to the dandia dance of Gujarat.
10. Reena Dance-This folk dance is performed by women of Baiga and gond tribes after Deepawali. Its theme is based on love affair.
11. Chatkora Dance- This is a folk dance of Korku tribe.
12. Bhagoria Dance- This folk dance is performed by Bhils.
13. Mataki Dance- This is a solo dance of Malwa Which is done on various occasions like marriage etc. This is done by Ahir and Gadariya castes.
You may also like –