How to Prepare Quant for SBI Clerk Prelims Exam 2018
How to Prepare Quant for SBI Clerk Prelims Exam 2018. State Bank of India is planning to conduct SBI Clerk Prelims in the month of March/April 2018. For better preparation of this exam, we have already shared a 45 Day Study Plan of SBI Clerk 2018 followed by important weekly plans. In this article, our primary focus is to explain how you can prepare for the Quantitative Aptitude section of SBI Clerk Prelims 2018. Follow these strategies with sincerity to make the most out of the remaining valuable time.
Quantitative Aptitude has always been the most difficult section of the SBI exam. Most of you may be comfortable in Quant section but we advise you not to be overconfident. Also, SBI has introduced the sectional timing in the Prelims phase, so you have to prepare carefully to achieve a good score in Quant Section.
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
Some changes are made in the exam pattern of prelims 2018. This year, there is separate time allotment for each subject. You have to solve each section in 20 min. You will have to put on extra efforts for preparation of Quantitative Aptitude Section, as there are many time-consuming topics.
|Name of Section||No. of Qs||Marks||Time|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Tips & Tricks
In the Quantitative Aptitude section of the SBI Clerk Prelims exam, it is essential to prepare the following topics:
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Inequalities (Quadratic Equation)
- Miscellaneous questions (Profit Loss, Average, Simple & Compound Interest, Age, Ratio & Proportion, Time and Speed, etc.)
Let’s understand some important rules/ key things about the below-given topics. It will help you to prepare the topics in an efficient manner.
- Simplification/ Approximation– Generally set of 5 questions come from this topic. In this, you have to find the value in place of the question mark.
- Number Series– You can expect 5 questions from this topic too. In these questions, the series follows a logical rule based on elementary arithmetic. You can be asked to find the missing number in the sequence, the last number of the sequence or a new sequence based on the given pattern.
- Data Interpretation: From this topic, 10 questions (2 Sets) are expected in SBI Clerk Prelims exam. Table Charts, Pie Charts, Line Graph or Bar Graph are the types of Data Interpretation questions which can be asked in SBI Clerk Prelims 2018 Exam.
Tips to solve this type of Question in exam –
- To solve Data interpretation questions, you should have command in calculating Percentages, Profit & Loss, Ratios, Average, etc. or say the topics which are relatively short or can be attempted easily and quickly.
- 3 out 5 questions will be easy to solve and other 2 questions can be lengthy. So, do not waste your time on those questions and just skip them and move forward towards other questions.
- Carefully read all the instructions of the Data Interpretation as there may be some twists which are hidden and require attention.
- Miscellaneous Questions: From this topic, 10 questions are expected to come in the exam. It includes Ratio & Proportion, Ages, Averages, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Boats & Streams, Simple & Compound Interest, Mensuration, etc.
Questions from these chapters are somewhat easy. You may find only 4 or 5 problems on this in the paper but you won’t find too many difficult questions. So if you can solve these questions, you can easily score more. Solving questions on these chapters correctly in the exam is crucial to cracking Quant for SBI Clerk Prelims.
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio and Proportions
Important Tips for Preparation of Quant for SBI Clerk
- Always be sure to solve the easier questions first as they are sure to fetch you marks. Spending time on the more difficult ones initially makes no sense.
- Data interpretation questions, that are relatively short, should be attempted first.
- Quant is a section where, contrary to popular belief, you shouldn’t spend too much time in solving questions. These questions are formula based. So either you know them or you don’t.
- If you find the paper somewhat difficult despite your rigorous practice, don’t get unnerved. Difficult for one is difficult for all.
Quantitative Aptitude Study Plan for SBI Clerk Exam
- Do not try to study everything because if you try and study everything you will end up cramming your schedule and ultimately risk being underprepared.
- Accuracy and Speed are the keys for scoring maximum in this section.
- Give 1-2 hour daily for Quantitative Aptitude preparation.
- For the next 2-3 days, go through basic concepts and questions for topics stated above.
- Then take up each topic for 3 days and solve maximum questions possible on that topic.
- While doing the above exercise, solve at least 50 questions every day.
- Start giving Mock Tests. Identify topics you are weak in and again attempt those topics.
- Mock Tests will also help you prepare a timing strategy.
- Talk to experts about those topics and get your doubts solved.
You just have to strengthen the topics mentioned above. This can be done by practicing them regularly. Learn all the basic rules of the topics so as to solve them in a short duration.
SBI Clerk Preparation | Related Links
|SBI Clerk Official Notification||Click Here|
|45 Days Study Plan for SBI Clerk Prelims 2018||Click Here|
SBI Clerk 2018 Exam FAQs – Everything you need to know!
|How to Solve Number Series Questions? Tips & Tricks||Click Here|
|How to Solve Quadratic Equation? Tips & Tricks||Click Here|
|How to Solve Simplification & Approximation Questions? Tips & Tricks||Click Here|
|How to Solve Simple Interest Questions? Tips & Tricks||Click Here|
|Tips & Tricks to solve Reasoning Questions in SBI Clerk 2018||Click Here|
|SBI Clerk Syllabus & New Exam Pattern 2018||Click Here|
|SBI Clerk Previous Year Cut off Marks||Click Here|
|SBI Clerk Previous Year Exam Analysis||Click Here|